Take for example, Mac products. Everyone and her grandmother has come up with accessories to go along with iPods. Just look at the myriad of different carrying cases available:
images sourceThere are armbands, wristbands, docking stations, car-adapters, you name it. I have even seen knitted iPod purses. The purpose it to provide everyone with a look that suits his or her taste.
MacBook Air has an after-market customization option for adding colors to your new laptop. Of course, this service is offered through an independent provider, ColorWare, not Apple itself.
Personally, I get a kick out of their color names and descriptions:
- Abyss: A deep navy blue.
- Billiard: A bright, Kelly green.
- Caution: A bright canary yellow.
- Cobalt: A blue with grey undertones.
- Coffee: A milk chocolate brown.
- Concord: A medium-shade purple… your basic purple, slightly muted.
- Cotton Candy: A bright carnation pink, with hints of blue undertones.
- Crush: A very bright, standard orange.
- Ferrari: A bright, standard red... basically, the good old fire engine red.
- Fusion: A vibrant fuchsia. Our darkest shade of pink.
- Glacier: A bright blue-green.
- Jade: A springtime green with slight blue undertones.
- Jet Black: Standard, deep, dark black... think piano black.
- Romance: A pale, baby girl pink. The lightest pink shade.
- Smoke White: Standard, bright white.
- Alpine: A vibrant crayon-box green.
- Blaze: A slightly muted standard orange.
- Blush: A medium rose pink and the 2nd darkest shade of pink (Fusion is darker).
- Candy Apple: A deep, dark red. Definitely not burgundy.
- Carbon Black: A standard black, lightened just a touch by the metallics. Not a grey.
- Dragon: A deep forest green.
- Envy: A very bright, lime green.
- Hybrid: A burnt red-orange.
- Gold Rush: A rich gold with noticeable, large grain flakes.
- Graphite: A medium-dark grey with very fine grain flakes.
- Lightning: A muted tawny yellow with slight green undertones.
- Lilac: A light dusty lavender.
- Midnight: Standard crayon blue, with a little pizzazz.
- Mystique: A bright, royal purple.
- Powder: A dusty, muted, grey-blue.
- Prowler: A deep, dark purple with reddish undertones.
- Sand: A bright taupe, resembles a dark beach sand.
- Steel: A silver with highly noticeable, large grain flakes.
- Techno: A bright, vibrant blue.
- Wet: A bright light blue, almost a baby blue.
How cool is that?!