Musings on Color

This is neat. Rachel Berger, a graphic designer in San Francisco, shares a project she completed during her MFA program at the Yale School of Art.
100 Colors, 100 Writings, 100 Days

Every day for one hundred days (from October 30, 2008 to February 6, 2009) she picked a paint chip out of a bag and responded to it with a short writing. The examples are her favorite forty, each writing titled with the number of the day it was written (out of 100) and the name of the color from that day’s paint chip.
images source
I bought my first yam this week. I wanted sweet potatoes, which sound a bit friendlier, but the store didn’t have any. The yam is quite rooty, forever looking freshly pulled from the earth — something that is born, grows, and dies in darkness. It’s bumping around my cupboard now, rolling into view when I take out the sugar canister, tin of anchovies. It’s clumsy and bulky. I rudely shove it back, out of my way, further into the darkness.

What stories would you tell about this color?