Becoming a color consultant-what does it take?

In these challenging economic times, I have seen more and more peers taking their knowledge 'on the road' so to speak.



Seminars, training sessions, and workshops have begun popping up all over the place. Some of these colleagues I know personally, while others are new to me.




The question on my mind is, what does it take to become a successful color consultant, and what is it that these experts have to offer people, whether they are self-defined or widely recognized?

Mary-Frances Cimo's True Color Training

Do these courses make you a better designer?


Do they increase your marketability?

What sets any given course apart from the masses?

I know only a little about a few of these, so I'd like to open the floor to everyone else- have you taken any color "training"? Has it helped your skills, marketability, expertise? Why do you think so many are popping up these days? (instructors, please feel free to add your two cents as well!)

P.s. First please leave a comment here, then for more reading on the topic from a slightly different angle, check out ColorBudz's "Are you a good designer?"