Waiting for approval

Well, I had this great sneak peak all written up to share with you, but my client is hesitant to reveal to the world her new logo color scheme until its gone through final approval, and is up on her site. Darn it!

Never fear, we can still discuss the other project. I've been working on another color palette for a different client, and since I haven't even -seen- their new logo design, it's safe for us to discuss my process in generalized terms. My client (a graphic designer) is working to create a new logo and brand image for her client, a pharmacy school. After researching the competition, and affiliated industries, I came up with some color options for them.

Their current color to date is a muddy, purply burgundy. (The Pantone colors don't really appear accurately on screen, so I've tried to match web-safe colors in smaller, inset squares to give you a better idea of the tone). The school wants to be seen as progressive, innovative, and cutting edge in science. I don't know about you, but their current color feels staid and conservative to me, like it's embracing the past instead of looking to the future.

So, I proposed a more lively, energetic claret red (it's hard to represent the actual color on screen), if they don't want to stray too far from their current color.
Next, I suggested a deep, rich teal color, blue for dependability and leadership, green for its life-giving force and growth, all wrapped up in a package that says sophistication and confidence.
Lastly, I showed them a vibrant blue. I felt that innovation has a sense of lightness, of rising above pre-existing notions, a message of open-mindedness. Dependable in its everlasting quality, blue is always reaching, stretching for wisdom, enlightenment.

What would you suggest?