Colorful Condos

When I was traveling around the Pacific Northwest, we visited Bainbridge Island, off the coast of Seattle, Washington. While we were there, I happened upon these really nicely-done condominiums down by the ferry terminal.
I don't know if this is an issue in other countries, but from what I have noticed in America, the general public is scared of color. How is it in your area? Now, there are certainly exceptions, like New Mexico, or Florida. But from what I have seen, building clusters, such as condos, tend to be beige, brown, tan, grey, white, and various other neutrals.

Here's my opinion on this- it's BORING! Not to mention retains little or no sense of individuality for the home owner, and makes a huge building seem even more massive.
photos taken by Rachel Perls
So, when I come across exteriors that stand out with color, I am thrilled. What I like about these condos is that they utilize regional colors that compliment the environment. They stand out as sophisticated rich colors, yet still manage to settle nicely into their surroundings.

A nice change of pace, don't you think?