Pantone is stretching it

Pantone has a new promotional site, which features insights from visual thought leaders, as they call them, in a wide variety of design industries responding to the phrase, The color of my idea is

myColor myIdea lets people learn about the colors that inspire some of todays celebrity personalities in the graphics, fashion, beauty, architecture and interior design industries. Not necessarily trends, just personal preferences.

So, I was curious to see whom Pantone had nabbed for color quotes...

Patricia Field caught my eye, as she is the fabulous fashion stylist who did "Sex in the City". Turns out, her favorite color is that teeth-gritting ripe green you see above. And what did she have to say about it?

In this color I feel most balanced. It makes me feel calm. It makes me feel natural. It makes me comfortable. It makes me feel oxygen. It makes me feel life.
- Patricia Field

Now, correct me if you all feel differently, but hello, calming? Not the word I would have used to describe that color.

Here's another one:

I love PANTONE 65-1-2 C because it reminds me of a beautiful hydrangea, my son's favorite flower. -Kelly Wearstler, Interior Designer
I'm not exactly sure what we are supposed to be getting out of this...

Tim Gunn, co-host of the reality series "Project Runway", chose beige as his inspirational color for interiors. Beige? He says,

There is a unique quality, resonance, richness and aura to this color that soothes and calms me. It’s restorative...It heals, it repairs, and it’s always part of me.
-Tim Gunn

I think Pantone might be stretching things a bit, in their attempt to promote a new system of color specification products for graphic designers. To avoid confusion, the Pantone Goe System is different than the Pantone Matching System. I'd try to clarify how this new system differs, but honesty, I found it rather confusing! Those of you who are designers and own any of Pantone's crazy expensive fan decks are probably groaning right now. "Another fan deck to purchase?!"

What do you all think of this new site?