Fitting into the environment

Notes from our cross-country drive

It was my turn to drive, and as we were zipping across Ohio (at least, I think that's where we were!) I was admiring the green countryside when something caught my attention in a big way. Fumbling for my camera while trying to keep our car on the road, I managed to snap a few pictures as we whizzed by. Can you figure out what I was so excited about?
Here a clue- it's a man-made structure...

Did you guess the power lines? If not, take a closer look at their color.
That's right, they are a beautiful shade of sky blue! How thrilling to see that a public works department took the time and foresight to select a color that would blend harmoniously into the environment. After all, power lines don't have to be white or gray or black.

How cool is that? Have you seen any man-made structures that have been colored carefully to complement it's surroundings? If you've got pictures, please share with us, and I'll post your discoveries!

images taken by yours truly