Color Therapy Eyewear

Now I've "seen" it all...
White strolling around at a local festival the other weekend, I came across a holistic health and healing tent.

This sign stopped me dead in my tracks. The utter silliness of it all had me wondering where people come up with these gimmicks.

I'll read you one:
Blue
Throat, thyroid, parathyroid, lungs, mouth.
I Speak
Blue balance is freedom to express yourself verbally and artistically integrity, clear communication, honesty, loyalty, peace, reliability, gentleness, kindness, commitment, truth, creativity, endurance.
Complimentary Color is Orange

image source
Now it's true, colored light is scientifically proven to have healing properties. Jaundiced babies are often put under ultraviolet blue lights, for example. But, it's important to note that the baby's eyes are always covered during the treatment. Full-spectrum lights are used to alleviate seasonal affect disorder (the winter blues).


image source
Color therapy, or "color healing", bases its theory on the human aura, and compensates for imbalances through chromotherapy. Healers also believe in chakras, energy centers outside our bodies. I don't rule out this approach outright, as I don't know enough about it to have an educated opinion.

But the idea that wearing tinted lenses have therapeutic value? What do you guys think?