HGTV Design Star week 2 weigh in

After 2 weeks of Design Star on HGTV, I am rather baffled by the incredible amount of work thrown at the designers. Not only did they have to design and remodel a kitchen, but they were expected to do all the demolition and install the cabinets, appliances, etc. I thought designers were responsible for DESIGN! Apparently, that doesn't make for good television drama.
image source
The objective for the design team: to give an Italian family a Moroccan-inspired place to entertain and gather.

What went down on the show:
Color expert Jen took control of the paint choices and decided on three colors: red, blue and yellow in warm tones. The combination did not please the judges. Vern said, "It looks like a rainbow threw up in there." Candice thought the room looked like it was designed by a committee "without having a strong overall vision."
I have my own opinions, but I'd love to hear yours. Soooo, I'm dying to know, what did you think of Jen's design decisions?