Oakland/Berkeley color consultant investigates: Sleeping with color

Heading to Paris and need a place to stay? Perhaps the Color Design Hotel is your cup of tea.
image source

I love this review of the hotel
"It’s perhaps a bit ironic, unless you’re quite up to speed on additive color theory, that the first impression of a place called Color Design Hôtel should be predominantly white. But as a palate (or palette) cleanser, white is the obvious choice — and as a contrast to the relatively gritty Bastille, one of Paris’s up-and-coming neighborhoods, the hotel’s stark minimalism is certainly striking."
image source
Created by Jean-Marc Galabert, one of Paris' major hoteliers and designed by Carole Picard, each of the 4 floors upstairs is imbued with a single color theme: red, blue, purple, or green.
If you know French, there is an interview with the designer as she takes us through each space. I'd love for someone to translate for us, if they can!
image source
It feels a bit gimmicky to me. While I appreciate the use of color against a stark white background, the lack of balance turns my stomach as I try to imagine myself locked up in one of these rooms for an overnight stay. My lasting impression is one of inbalance.

image source

Luckily, the carpets and beds were left in gray to temper the vivid colors injected in each room.

What do you think? Would you stay here and enjoy it?