Jamie Drake fever

Color pal Kelly Berg and I attended a talk at San Francisco Design Center's Design Week where we heard media darling interior designer Jamie Drake speak. 
"Color keeps the eye moving around a room. I detest stagnancy!" -Jamie Drake
I've referenced his bold use of color here on Hue in the past, and was curious to see what he was like in person. Kelly and I hadn't had much luck with talks at the SFDC in the past, so we attended with a certain amount of skepticism. But it was great! Jamie is approachable, friendly, and quite an entertaining speaker. While he doesn't take himself too seriously, he certainly knows his stuff.
image source
Jamie is passionate that there should be character and personality in interior design; he really doesn't like them to look like big bowls of porridge or oatmeal. I couldn't agree more. Down with bland porridge rooms!
Hope over to Kelly's blog for the full scoop on Jamie Drake's SFDC talk.